The Family Planning Council of Iowa (FPCI) ensures access to reproductive health care through the delegation of federal Title X (ten) funds to Iowa family planning clinics and providers. In 2022, we helped fund 8 subrecipient agencies with 14 clinic locations spanning the state of Iowa.
The purpose of the Family Planning Council of Iowa is to provide quality reproductive health care and family planning services to all people in Iowa who desire such services, regardless of identity or ability to pay. This report shows the impact FPCI and its clinics made in 2022 across the state.
Our clinics provide various reproductive healthcare services including birth control, STI screening and treatment, pregnancy counseling, cervical, breast, and testicular cancer screening, and referral to other health and social services. Clinic service pricing is based on income, but no individual will be denied service at a Title X clinic regardless of their ability to pay.
FPCI Service Sites
FPCI provides services in 55 counties in Iowa, while the Iowa Department of Health & Human Services covers the remaining geographical area. To find the Title X clinic closest to you, visit our Find a Clinic page.
- Community Health Care, Inc – 1510 E. Rusholme St. Davenport, IA 52803
- Crescent Community Health Center 1690 Elm Street, Suite 300, Dubuque, IA 52001
- Family Planning of Southeast Iowa – 801 S. Roosevelt Ave., Suite C Burlington, IA 52601
- Planned Parenthood – Sioux City Health Center
- Planned Parenthood – Susan Knapp Health Center (Des Moines)
- Planned Parenthood – Rosenfield Health Center (Des Moines)
- Planned Parenthood – Iowa City Center
- Planned Parenthood – Urbandale Health Center
- Primary Health, Inc – 3510 Lincoln Way Ames, IA 51105
- Primary Health, Inc – 101 Iowa Ave. West, Suite 102 Marshalltown, IA 50158
- Siouxland Community Health Center – 1021 Nebraska St. Sioux City, IA 51105
- Trinity Muscatine Public Health – 1609 Cedar St, Muscatine, IA 52761
- Women’s Health & Family Services – 2635 Lincoln Way, Ste A. Clinton, IA 52732
- Women’s Health & Family Services – 229 S Main Maquoketa, IA 52060
2022 Health Benefits and Cost Savings Realized by FPCI’s Title X Network
|Unintended pregnancies prevented||2,800|
|Chlamydia infections prevented||200|
|Gonorrhea infections prevented||30|
|PID cases prevented||20|
|2022 Cost Savings|
|Maternal and birth-related gross costs saved from contraceptive services provided||$19,846,790|
|Miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy gross costs saved||$640,820|
|Gross costs saved from STI testing||$92,150|
|Gross costs saved from Pap and HPV testing and vaccinations||$13,920|
|Total gross savings||$20,593,680|
|Total family planning costs||$2,850,050|
|Total Net Savings||$17,743,640|