About This Event:
This Clinician Café will explore existing and emerging sexual and reproductive healthcare services while applying a harm reduction lens within the Title X setting and in the surrounding communities.
The Clinician Café is a virtual, multi-modal learning platform that allows participants to choose methods of learning that work for them in regard to different aspects of care provided in family planning settings. Each café features journal articles, podcasts, live Zoom chats with subject matter experts, case studies for clinicians to apply their knowledge, and other resources. Continuing education (up to 3.0 CNE and CPH) will be available for some activities in the Café.
Two live zoom chats will take place during the week:
- Monday, October 23 from 11am CT – 12:30pm CT
- What is Reproductive Harm Reduction? – Joelle Puccio
- Tuesday, October 24 from 12pm – 1pm CT
- It Just Makes Sense: Coordination Between Harm Reduction Services and Title X Grantees – Sharon Hesseltine
By the end of this Café, participants will be able to:
- Describe the history and current state of sexual reproductive health (SRH) services, harm reduction strategies, and recovery support services in the United States.
- Analyze the impact of stigma on substance use disorder (SUD) treatment, substance use, and recovery, as well as the life-saving role of harm reduction strategies and doula programs.
- Discuss current health disparities or barriers for patients and how health care systems are applying a harm reduction lens to their patient-centered approaches.
- Illustrate the use of Reproductive Harm Reduction within Title X clinics and centers.
- Understand the need for reproductive harm reduction and its roots in Reproductive Justice.